Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Band Softball and Goodbyes

Today, I gave away senior gifts and said my last goodbyes to some of the people I've known most of my life. I've known Andrew longer than my brothers and he's leaving. This is the hardest part of this time of year.

Band was a whirl of yearbook signings and checkout. I got to check out the seniors today, and I charged Albert $7.50... my first fine! I was so proud! There was a little graduation music practice, but I've got those down pretty well so it was mostly check-off and filing.

Spanish had a final today, and I actually felt like I did pretty well. I really picked my grade up after that slump earlier. I hope I was able to pull and A to counter that C+ in physics...

I had Bethany sign my yearbook. I can't believe she's going to Middle School next year! It seems like yesterday she was in fourth grade and struggling with her math. Now she's a confident (almost) teen who is going to have a dad in the home again, now that her mom is getting remarried!

Mrs. Princehouse had me clean up the lab equiptment and finish some check-out info. Mostly keys. They're only two dollars a pop, but she must just get wads of cash from the keys that go missing every year.

My history class hasn't had that sad moment yet, because there are no seniors. I finished my essay test in seven minutes and Matt worked almost right up to the bell... I win again!

I got a B on my Physics final... not as great as I hoped for, but I'll take it. When tomorrow comes, there will be six kids in that class, so Mr. Powell let us all say our goodbyes and I swear I thought I was goign to cry all over Harrison's yearbook as I was signing it. I hate goodbyes.

Then was the band softball game. Andy's team won, so I cheered like crazy, and the other spectator was Louies girlfriend, Briana.... she's so like me it's scary!!! we had a long talk and she signed my yearbook and we became instant friends. I can't believe everything is changing again! I was barely used to last years seniors being gone, and now this years are leaving!!!!

18 days til Michigan!

1 comment:

serafimo said...

Oh, I know Briana too! She's fun.

I think this time of year is a lot harder for you because you know lots of seniors, and you see them often. All I see in my classes are sophomores .... sophomores ... oh, a junior ... sophomores ... I'm not complaining. I like my classmates (more than I would if I was a freshman this year instead). But, no seniors to be had, at least this year. I knew a lot more last year because there were like 7 of them in orchestra. They were the best players, too :(